shortcut link to main content
left corner graphicSchoharie Central School District heading graphicphoto of Schoharie School Entrancelink to Schoharie Jr.-Sr. High School home pagelink to Schoharie Elementary home pagelink to Contact Us at the Schoharie CSDright corner graphic
Schoharie A to Z heading graphic


Back | District Home | Search Our Site

information heading graphicphoto of boy in science class

Student Registration Procedures

photo of girl looking through transitquick links heading graphic
arrow graphic content arrow graphic quick links arrow graphic

click to go to Schoharie Jr.-Sr. High School home page
click to go to Schoharie Elementary School home page




Enrolling your child at Schoharie Central School

Schoharie Elementary School

To enroll your child in Schoharie Elementary School, please call the elementary office at (518) 295-6652 to set up an appointment.

Per New York State Law, the school will need a copy of your child(ren)’s birth certificate(s) and immunization records.  If possible, please bring them with you when you register your child. Also, if you have a copy of your child’s last report card that you could bring with you it would be helpful in placing your child.

There are several forms you will need to fill out. To expedite the process, you can follow the link below for our Registration Form. Please print it, fill it out and bring it with you when you come for your appointment. We also have an emergency card that you will need to fill out at the time of your appointment. Parents/Guardians will be required to complete and sign a release form so that the Schoharie Central School District may request and receive the new or returning student's records from his/her current or previous school.

If you have any questions regarding enrolling your child, please do not hesitate to call.

What to Bring With You to Register Your Child(ren)

• Birth Certificate

• Immunization Records

• Your child’s last report card

Registration Form (please fill out)

[back to top]

Schoharie Jr./Sr. High School

Parents/guardians wishing to enroll a student in grades 7-12 should contact the Jr./Sr. High School Guidance Office at (518) 295-6611.

Parents/guardians will be required to complete and sign a release form so that the Schoharie Central School District may request and receive the new or returning student’s records from his/her current or previous school. During the time of initial contact, basic information will be obtained (student name, date of birth, grade level, physical/mailing address, phone #, parents/guardians names, any special education needs, etc.). In addition, parents/guardians will be provided with student information cards to be completed and returned to the Guidance Office.

Once the student’s records have been received from the current or previous school, the parent/guardian will be contacted to set up an appointment to meet with the counselor. During this meeting, the student information cards will be collected, and a schedule and start date will be set for the student. A tour of the facilities will also be given to those unfamiliar with the school.

A student new to the district will be provided with a student mentor for the first day or two. The mentor will be there to show the new student to his/her classes and to answer any questions the student may have.

[back to top]

Procedures for Students Transferring From SCS

Students transferring from the Schoharie Central School District to another school will need to obtain two forms from the Guidance Office. These forms must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian prior to the student’s departure.

The first form grants the district permission to release the student’s records to the new school. The second form is to be taken by the student, to each of his/her teachers and specified staff members for signatures. This form indicates that all school books and locks have been turned in and may also note the student’s current course grades.

Both completed and signed forms are to be returned to the Guidance Office on the student’s last day at Schoharie Central School.

[back to top]


Transferring your child out of SCS? Click here for what to do ...

left footer corner graphic

This page is maintained by Schoharie Central School District and the Capital Region BOCES Communications Service according to the web publishing guidelines of Schoharie Central School District. Copyright © 2011. All rights reserved. PDF documents on this website can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from Adobe for free. Paper copies of downloadable documents may be requested by calling 518 295-6679.

right footer corner graphic